Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Amplify collects and stores the following personal information from you about yourself and your company on a voluntary basis:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, and zip code
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Information about the legal and financial status of your company
- Professional biography
- Social media links for your company
- Information that you provide in your user profile
- Any other information that you voluntarily share with us or others through our website
As is true of most websites, the Portal may automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. Other pieces of visitor information may be collected on an aggregated or individual basis through the use of third-party website analytics services such as those provided by Google. The privacy and other terms of those third-parties will apply.
If you engage in a transaction with a company seeking investment on the Portal, information from third-party data sources may be gathered by Amplify, its vendors and the issuers of securities for the purposes of legal compliance, due diligence and to complete the transaction.
Specifically, the information that you enter about the company, including without limitation fundraising goal, legal and financial status, biographies, pitches and summaries. Except as necessary to provide contact information and biographies, we strongly recommend that you only enter only company information.
We may provide your information to our partners and affiliates for marketing purposes.
We may provide your account and company information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as broker-dealer oversight, payment processing and offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
In the course of operating the Portal, Amplify and its affiliates and partners may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, administrative order or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request or pursuant to a demand under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other intellectual property laws
- Related to due diligence for a fundraising event
- If Amplify is involved in an merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Any information that you post to public areas of the Portal will, of course, be accessible to the public and due to the nature and technology of the Internet will continue to be available even after you delete the information from public posting.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The Portal uses third-parties to place cookies on your computer to collect non-personally identifiable information to compile aggregated statistics for us about visitors to the Portal, including without limitation Google web services.
Links to Other Web Sites
The security of your personal information is important to Amplify. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Additional Policy Information
Our website offers publicly accessible comment pages and forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be viewed, read, collected, and used by others.
Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
Children Prohibited from Using Portal
Amplify does not seek to collect any information from children under the age of 13 and requests that such individuals do not use this site. If any child provides us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian may notify us and such information will be deleted from our records.